In this Bi-Weekly Issue
- COVID-19 Leadership
- Simplify Packout
- PPE Kits
- Triage & Treatment
As always, lots of information can be found on our website.
Have a productive week!
Learn | Practice | Improve
COVID-19: Leadership During Crisis
Where and how to lead.
“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” —John Maxwell
You are a leader—otherwise you wouldn’t be reading this email. Rise to the challenge and lead those that are following you (employees, colleagues, family, friends, etc.):
- Exhibit empathy. Understand that someone may do everything right and still be ______ (sick, lonely, broke, homeless, fill in the blank). Understand and share how the people you are leading are feeling and affected.
- Notice more—focus on less. A better life for you and your followers is probably the greater goal. See the big picture, but be comfortable not doing it all at once. One step at a time in a focused, right direction is hard to beat.
- Share the why behind decisions. Communicate clearly and transparently to show the care and concern you have for others.
- Engage the community. What affects you, affects them. What affects them, affects you. Look for ways to give back (or pay it forward) to those around you.
- See the opportunity. It’s because of challenges that organizations exist. Let this time propel you and your people to new heights. Let this crisis bring out the best in you!
If you haven’t visited the CDC website (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus) recently, go there now. They are doing a wonderful job updating and improving the site so that we can battle this all together.
We will keep monitoring this situation and pass along information as needed.
Do you have a topic suggestion? Send me an email!
News & Promotions
A) Simplify Packout for the Next Time
The safest way to transport temp sensitive product.
If old packout methods seem cumbersome and hard to get right (e.g. “Packing Vaccines for Transport during Emergencies“), maybe this is the year to get a Cool Cube™—an easy & qualified, container and packout system. It’s as simple as prepping the phase change panels, placing them in the cooler, putting in the product (no buffering material needed), and going. If you haven’t already, watch this 113-second explainer video to see the simplicity and effectiveness of Cool Cube™ PCM Coolers.
B) Kits for Protecting Staff & Patients
PPE to help prevent the spread.
***OUT OF STOCK. INDEFINITE BACKORDER*** As we now are finding out, infectious diseases present unique challenges. VeriCor personal protective equipment (PPE) kits control the spread of a disease by protecting staff and patients with the correct gear. Smaller, prepackaged modules (12 and 25 single-use) are organized, size-labeled kits within a mobile storage case for quick deployment. The 100-contact module organizes all PPE into four mobile cases, and includes an inventory management SmartBook™ for easy rotation and handling. Next time, be ready with a VeriCor PPE Kit.
C) Prepare to Triage a Surge of Patients
Assets to prepare for a crisis.
Mass casualty incidences (MCIs) can overwhelm and disrupt a healthcare network if a system is not available to expand patient treatment outside of traditional walls. VeriCor’s all-in-one Triage and Treatment System is an intuitive, color-coordinated, mobile cache of supplies that provides secondary triage and definitive treatment for a surge of 100 patients. Managers like it because it’s easy to maintain. Responders like it because it can deploy anywhere with the right supplies in the right place. See the system in action (YouTube video here) and then call 866-469-6019 to speak with a specialist.