***Job Application Form Below***
Choosing a career is one of the most significant decisions you will make in your life, and we are excited that you have identified us as a potential employer. VeriCor is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. We strongly value your interest in VeriCor, LLC. Please contact us to see if your qualifications can fill any job vacancies. Employment may be contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
Employees are our greatest asset! VeriCor, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Immediate Opening – Purchasing Agent
About the Company
VeriCor designs and builds medical systems and products for treating patients at the site of a medical emergency or medical event. The medical emergency or event could be from a hurricane, tornado, terrorist attack, pandemic, vaccination clinic, or hospital patient surge. All VeriCor systems and products are mobile, so they can be easily moved and quickly set up at the incident site.
VeriCor systems and products fall into two categories: medical response systems and PCM (phase change material) coolers for temperature-sensitive products (vaccine, blood, medicine, pharma).
Medical response systems range from small emergency medical kits to complete mobile hospitals. The systems are modular, so customers can build large systems over time by adding modules as their budgets allow. Systems include COVID-19 Treatment Centers, Hospital Incident Command Centers, Hospital Triage and Treatment Systems, Pediatric Surge Modules, Mobile Emergency Rooms (ER), and Alternate Care Sites (ACS).
PCM coolers provide the means of safely transporting temperature-sensitive products, such as vaccines, blood, medicine, and transplant organs. In the event of mechanical failure (refrigeration, freezer, etc.) or electrical outage, the coolers double as backup storage units. The unique properties of the VeriCor coolers make them more efficient and safer than any cooler available on the market. Coolers range from a small 3.5 liter (1 gallon) to a massive 96 liter (25 gallons).
VeriCor provides replenishment service for all systems. Replenishing a system involves replacing the medical products that are expiring. Customers may elect to buy new products and maintain the medical system themself, or a VeriCor replenishment team travels to sites to assist in the maintenance.
As a VeriCor team member, you will enjoy genuine, worthwhile work. The medical systems and products you purchase save lives.
We are looking for an experienced Purchasing Agent to join our team. All applicants must have excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, communication, and computer skills. Success will potentially lead to a promotion to Purchasing Manager.
- Set up and manage contracts with manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, and suppliers
- Monitor and adjust the supply chain for the best product cost and on-time delivery
- Perform purchasing and auxiliary functions within VeriCor’s ERP system
- Source new products for custom systems
- Develop presentable comparisons of product costs and other attributes using Excel
- Prepare product quotations for the sales team
- Verify purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to the master list
- Prepare purchase/work orders by verifying specifications and price
- Monitor and expedite orders when required
- Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered
- Resolve supplier shipping errors
- Maintain targeted inventory levels and inventory database
- Authorize payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation
- Provide purchasing planning by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Assist the team, as needed, in non-purchasing tasks such as customer service, overseeing VeriCor printers and telephone systems, and supporting sales at conferences
Desired Experience & Skills
- Working knowledge of emergency medical products and their accessories
- Minimum three (3) years in purchasing
- Minimum two (2) years working with an ERP system
- Worked in medical inventory supply
- Knowledge of market research, data analysis, and Purchasing Best Practices
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent common sense and logical thought process
- BS degree
- Quarterly, bonus/profit sharing compensation plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) policy
- Health insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible work schedule (four 10-hour days or four & one half 9-hour days)