In this Bi-Weekly Issue
In this biweekly issue:
🦠 COVID-19 Myths
🌡 Qualified Container & Packout
📦 Re-stocking Supplies
🚒 Burn Care Patient Surge
As always, lots of information can be found on our website. Have a productive week!
Learn | Practice | Improve
A) COVID-19 Myths
What’s true and what’s not true.
Sometimes we hear something about COVID-19 and think—huh? Here are some myths of coronavirus:
- Exposing yourself to the sun or to temperatures higher than 25°C/77°F prevents the coronavirus disease. (Myth Debunked)
- The new coronavirus can be transmitted through mosquito bites. (Myth Debunked)
- Taking a hot bath prevents the new coronavirus disease. (Myth Debunked)
- Cold weather and snow kills the new coronavirus. (Myth Debunked)
- Being able to hold your breath for 10 seconds or more without coughing or feeling discomfort means you are free from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) or any other lung disease. (Myth Debunked)
Want more? Go to WHO’s website to see more advice for COVID-19 including when and how to use masks, Q&A videos, parenting advice and more. (Click here for the World Health Organization Website)
News & Promotions
A) A Premier Qualified Container & Packout
For vaccine, medicine, blood products, FFP and more.
Cool Cube™ PCM Coolers are premier qualified containers and packouts that the CDC refers to in the Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit. They are:
- Ultra-safe (they utilize temperature-specific PCM)
- Easy to use (they are quick to pack-out)
- Long lasting (go 3+ days without ice or electricity)
- Quality focused (produced with high-end components)
If you haven’t already, watch this 113-second explainer video to see the simplicity and effectiveness of Cool Cube™ PCM Coolers.
B) When a Replenishment Might be Needed
Re-stocking a preparedness cache can be easy.
That preparedness cache may have been raided (or is currently being raided) for responding to COVID-19. The good news is that if it’s a VeriCor Response-Friendly® System it’s built on a sustainable platform. Let us know the supplies that need to be re-stocked, and we can send you packaged supplies (with location tags) along with a new SmartBook™. If the labor and time would still be too much, we can do a full-service, on-site replenishment. Maybe it hasn’t been touched in a while? Let us do an audit on the system and see what’s expired and give you some options. Call (608) 526-6901 today to speak with a replenishment specialist.
C) A Medical Kit for a Surge of Burn Care Patients
Get the essential supplies needed for debridement and dressing of a surge of burn patients. Intuitively organized into an exclusive Upright Medical Organizer (MC-UMO), this kit features disaster organizers and responders will appreciate: clear pockets, an easy-to-assemble stand, and a product management SmartBook™. Be ready for multiple burn patients with the field-ready Burn Care medical kit.