Taxes: United States & Canada
- Calculated based on delivery location.
- If $0.00 (Sales tax not collected) is apparent, either VeriCor doesn’t collect sales tax for that state or the order is identified as tax-exempt.
- If tax-exempt, a valid tax exemption certificate is needed to process the order.
- Paid by the “Importer of Record” (customer) based on the value of the shipment to the designated broker.
- Broker can be identified by the customer prior to shipment (so they use their own), otherwise FedEx will be the default broker.
- There are ways to avoid broker fees, but there’s time and work involved (example).