January is not too early to begin your annual flu clinic planning.
- Review immunization laws, regulations, recommendations and standards.
- Review what was done in your community in the past.
- Identify under-served populations and determine target populations.
- Make contact with (and research clinic locations convenient to) target populations.
- Reserve key space such as a senior center or city hall.
- Begin to recruit volunteers.
- Review the vaccine ordering process.
During the planning process, keep in mind that proper equipment can simplify the process and prevent cold chain incidences:
Three of VeriCor’s product lines will help simplify the entire vaccination process and prevent cold chain incidences:
- Vaccine Transporters – Specialized coolers that don’t use gel packs, ice packs, or electricity, yet hold required temperatures for 60+ hours. Certified thermometers available.
- Vaccination Kits – Complete, organized systems of vaccination supplies; just add staff and vaccine. It’s as easy as: store, transport, setup.
- Nursing Workstations – Rolling workstations with integrated table, drawers, bins, and an under-the-counter refrigerator (no freezer).
***Part 2: Coming early March***